- Well first you have to come to Oudtshoorn South Africa.
- Then you have to make a booking.
- Contact Us: Phone 084 772 9678 or Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Then you must have a love for nature, because you have to meet me before sunrise at a prearranged time.
- From here we depart to the conservation area were we watch the sunrise over a 'cup' of the best.
- Then we take a short hike to the current burrows.
- We will then observe how wild meerkat wake up, brush their teeth, comb their hair and put on their makeup.
And I have got a very good deal with the land owners where for the use of the 800 hectare property I work on , he is not asking me a set amount in rent but I am paying him half of what I make. This is a very good deal for both of us because in good season times he gets a lot of rent for the property, and in the quiet off-season months I am not burdened with big rent bills.
Because this is the property of De Zeekoe Guest Lodge all people that stay at De Zeekoe will get the tours at a special price of R 500 per person.
10 years of age is the minimum age allowed on the tours.
But out of season, IF there is no one else on the tour we can discuss kids down to 6 year old. The reason for this is that most parents today do not believe in reprimanding their children in public, so when these little criminals get bored and start throwing the meerkats with sticks or stones the parents make it of as a joke, or they ignore it. The other reason is that meerkats filter out the sound of grownup voices witch is deeper and low frequency sounds. Kids have high pitch voices and in meerkat language, all alarms and warnings are high pitch sounds. So your understanding of this matter is highly appreciated.